Well, nothing much happened this weekend.
Oh… Was there a game or something???
Our Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl!!!!! YAAAAYYYYY
My impressions of the game…
1. Dame Helen Mirren used the word “Pillock” in a Super Bowl Commercial. Well played, madam. Well played.
2. Peyton is really uncomfortable with paid sponsor plugs *cough BUDWEISER cough*. Next year, get someone else to be your shill.
3. Speaking of Budweiser, WHERE WERE MY CLYDESDALES??? I was bereft of heartwarming equine entertainment. I shall counter by giving you my favorite Budweiser commercial of all times:
4. I can’t think of any possible reason to have sound speakers in the bed of a pickup truck. Just something else to break and get encrusted with sheep poop. And to annoy all the people who live on roads along the route that you drive.
5. I don’t know what Liam Neeson was selling (some sort of TV, I think), but he needs to come visit me and talk in that wonderful gravely Aslan-esque voice for an extended period of time. *dreamy sigh*
6. I made some Super Soup. That I ate in a bowl. (see what I did there?)
It was loosely based on this:
I cooked it in my dutch oven (not crock pot) and used cheese ravioli instead of tortellini. I also added a finely diced onion, zucchini and some shredded carrots (sauteed in olive oil before adding other ingredients). It was spectacular and made enough to feed a couple of armies.
7. I had a Super Breakfast of whole wheat scones. Here is the link. Use half the sugar it calls for and either make 1/2 a batch or cut twice as many. Good use of raisins and whole wheat flour. Would be spectacular with home made jam of any variety.
So, There you go. Absolutely NOTHING of note happened this past weekend…
Oh, and I read a couple of books and worked on my Mystery quilt. Clue five is mostly done but I haven’t photographed it yet. Clue six was released before the Super Bowl and I think there is only one more clue after that. Good thing, because I’m close to running out of design wall…