Well, as promised, pictures of my two most active works in progress.
I took a class at a quilt store up in Broomfield last July. The pattern was called “Chopsticks” and here it is with all of the blocks together.
It wasn’t that difficult of a pattern, but you did need to have a specific tool to cut the pieces properly. You make a bunch of the triangle blocks, sew them together and then you trim off the top and bottom so that they are a straight edge. I plan to add a white border on all sides (not too wide), and then quilt it on the new machine. It isn’t too big, around 4 ft square (not really square but I haven’t actually measured it yet). I have a fun piece of backing fabric with owls on it that I’m planning to use, and some teal/aqua floral print for the binding.
It has been a good project to use to get to know my new machine. I’m very pleased with how it sews and I’m interested to see how it works for the quilting step of the process.
I’m also continuing to work on my Day Dreams paper piecing project. The circular medallion has been made into a square.
I’ve got the next set of sawtooth borders done, but I need to figure out how to attach the cornerstones (squares in the corners). Both the written and video directions are incomplete and a bit contradictory, so I’m just going to go slowly and figure it out as I go along. It won’t be too hard. I have confidence that I will figure it out easily.
I really want to get this top finished by the end of this year, or at least in early January. That way, I’ll have plenty of time to buy the kit and start getting things cut and organized for the big quilting retreat next year. Fun times!!!